All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn Ballet Music: A Handbook Matthew Naughtin provides a practical guide for the professional musician who works with ballet companies, whether as a full-time staff member or as an independent contractor. In this comprehensive work, he addresses the daily routine of the modern ballet company, outlines the respective roles of the conductor, company pianist and music librarian and their necessary collaboration with choreographers and ballet masters, and examines the complete process of putting a dance performance on stage, from selection or existing music to commissioning original scores to staging the final production. Because ballet companies routinely revise the great ballets to fit the needs of their staff and stage, audience and orchestra, ballet repertoire is a tangled web for the uninitiated. At the core of Ballet Music: A Handbook lies an extensive listing of classic ballets in the standard repertoire, with information on their history, versions, revisions, instrumentation, score publishers and other sources for tracking down both the original music and subsequent musical additions and adaptations.
- Author BiographyMatthew Naughtin studied violin performance, theory and composition at Northwestern University and was awarded a Bachelor's Degree in Music Performance in 1970. He has been the Music Librarian of the San Francisco Ballet Orchestra since 1997 and has also served as Music Librarian of the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, the Colorado Music Festival and the Omaha Symphony. He is also a composer whose original compositions and arrangements for orchestra and chamber ensembles have gained wide recognition.
- Author(s)Matthew Naughtin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/07/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Finders
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white halftones, 4 tables
- Weight821 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.