About this product
- DescriptionIf you love baseball, chances are you love one particular ballpark. Boston fans wax poetic about Fenway Park. Cubs fans are adamant that Wrigley Field is the classic ballfield. Busch Stadium is a hit with folks from Missouri, and Yankee fans are passionate about the House That Ruth Built.... Besides passionate fans, there's one other thing all ballparks -- from the Union Grounds in Brooklyn built in 1862 to the Baltimore Oriole's Camden Yards built in 1992 -- have in common: Each has its own vibrant and unique history. In Ballpark, Sibert Hor Award winner Lynn Curlee explores both the histories and the cultural significances of America's most famous ballparks. Grand in scope and illustrations, and filled with nifty anecdotes about these green cathedrals, Ballpark also explores the changing social climate that accompanied baseball's rise from a mir sport to the national pastime. This is a baseball book like other.
- Author(s)Lynn Curlee
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- FormatOther book format
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width281 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.