All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1997, the installation artist Markus Heinsdorff has confronted the traditional material of bamboo in his buildings. The main focus of this book is the German-Chinese House designed by Heinsdorff for EXPO 2010 in Shanghai. With numerous illustrations and a series of detailed articles, this book documents the planning and realization of the pavilion, and reveals the thinking behind its design. Further contributions deal both with bamboo as a raw material and as a medium for architecture and design. One chapter is devoted to other artistic structures and walk-in installations by Markus Heinsdorff, including Skyplace, an airship built in Bali, a tree house in the capy of a primeval forest tree, and a self-renewing dome, the latter two both in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Author BiographyMarkus Heinsdorff is a German installation artist working in the areas of design, architecture, and photography. He has exhibited numerous exhibitions around the world.
- PublisherDesign Media Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- Languageeng, ger
- Place of PublicationNorth Point
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintDesignMedia Publishing Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1905 g
- Width247 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMarkus Heinsdorff
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.