Band Boxes: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Learning the Craft by Edwina Cholmeley-Jones (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 7 Feb
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBandboxes were first made in Elizabethan England as storage for men's linen collars, or bands, but the craft really took off in nineteenth-century America, where cardboard was sewn together and covered with wallpaper to makes boxes to accommodate a variety of possessions. Bandboxes remain popular today in decorating and, in this volume, professional boxmaker Edwina Cholmeley-Jones provides patterns and easy-to-follow techniques for making them in an assortment of shapes and sizes. Tips on gathering the necessary tools and materials, selecting coverings and linings, and learning the basic skills are followed by step-by-step instructions and photographs for five projects, including a heart-shaped box, a hexagon, and containers for gloves, combs, and tea.
- Author BiographyEdwina Cholmeley-Jones lives in Lititz, Pennsylvania, and has been making bandboxes for more than 30 years. Her work has been featured in numerous publications, including American Country Christmas, McCall's Needlework and Crafts, House Beautiful, and Women's World.
- Author(s)Edwina Cholmeley-Jones
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication25/11/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight826 g
- Width235 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.