Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBANDITS is a study of the social bandit or bandit-rebel - robbers and outlaws who are t regarded by public opinion as simple criminals, but rather as champions of social justice, as avengers or as primitive resistance fighters. Whether Balkan haiduks, Indian dacoits or Brazilian congaceiros, their spectacular exploits have been celebrated and preserved in story and myth. Some are only kw to their fellow countrymen; others like Rob Roy, Robin Hood and Jesse James are famous throughout the world. First published in 1969, Bandits inspired a new field of historical study: bandit history. This substantially extended and revised new edition appears at a time when the disintegration of state power has reintroduced fertile conditions for banditry once again to flourish in many parts of the world.
- Author BiographyHobsbawm was born in Egypt in 1917 & educated in Vienna, Berlin, London & Cambridge. A Fellow of the British Academy & the American Academy of Arts & Sciences, with honorary degrees from universities in several countries.
- Author(s)Eric Hobsbawm
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication02/08/2001
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteSection: 8, b&w
- Weight170 g
- Width137 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.