All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe bulk of this handbook is step-by-step case studies, comprehensively explained and illustrated with photographs. Each chapter demonstrates and guides the reader through procedures for making a bangle or bracelet using a particular technique, approach or skill. Topics covered include: wax-work (casting), chain making, wire work, found objects, piercing, stone-setting. Designed to appeal to both beginners and practising jewellers, there is an introductory chapter on basic techniques, covering the fundamentals of jewellery-making, complete with detailed explanations and photographs. Each chapter includes a generous garnish of relevant 'tips and tricks' - useful hints from the author and other experienced jewellers.
- Author BiographyAmanda Doughty's work is made primarily in silver, gold and platinum, using diamonds and semi-precious stones. She combines simple, bold, geometric elements, subtly contrasting the colours of the metals with complementing semi-matt, brushed and shiny finishes. Her range includes necklaces, bracelets, and rings with moving elements; sets of rings, brooches, earrings and cufflinks. She also works extensively to commission. In 2001 she began teaching, later becoming the Jewellery Co-ordinator at City Lit, London. She lives in Hove.
- Author(s)Amanda Doughty
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleJewellery Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.