All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome, Reader! This is the history book you've been waiting for! Steal away to the past with us and discover all there is to kw about Tudor torture, Medieval misdemeaur, Victorian villainy and Aztec altar executions. Take a trip through history to find out about the grim, gruesome and downright gut-churning methods of punishment societies employed in the past - from being boiled alive in ancient Greece to being split in two in the Middle Ages. Who gave criminals a very literal roasting? Who used to execute animals for committing crimes? And what is the most popular penalty in history? Dip into these chronicles of crime and punishment and find out about law-makers, law-breakers and the most stomach-churning ways in which they were penalised. A great tool for the KS2 study of the changes in crime and punishment in Britain and the world.
- Author BiographyNeil Tonge is an experienced writer of children's non-fiction, with a particular interest in history. As an experienced teacher of 22 years, Neil escaped into the semi-retirement of advisory and inspection work. Firmly wedded to the idea that children need to understand that learning is fun, Neil has produced a wide range of information and activity books for children from six to sixteen and beyond. His book 'Terrible Tudors' was voted second most popular book of 2000 and it was featured on Blue Peter.
- Author(s)Neil Tonge
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleAwfully Ancient
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight150 g
- Width210 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tom Morgan-Jones
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.