All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Michael P. Leiter and Christina Maslach, the leading experts on job burut prevention and authors of the landmark book The Truth About Burut , outline their revolutionary new program for helping everyone in the workplace overcome everyday stress and pressures and achieve their career goals. Banishing Burut includes the authors' unique and highly effective Work Life self-assessment test and a customized plan for action that will help transform the individual's relationship with work and overcome job burut. The authors outline their proven action plan, which shows how to establish core values, set a personal direction, engage other people, initiate a realistic plan of action, make an impact, and achieve career goals. The book is filled with illustrative case examples from a wide variety of organizations, including corporations, health care institutions, universities, and nprofit organizations. Each case demonstrates how the use of the Work Life self-survey and the individualized action plan can result in dramatic changes in the daily workplace experience and advance career development.
- Author BiographyMichael P. Leiter is professor of psychology at Acadia University in Canada and director of the Center for Organizational Research & Development, which applies high-quality research methods to human resource issues that confront organizations. He holds the Canada Research Chair in Occupational Health and Wellness at Acadia University. Christina Maslach is professor of psychology and the vice provost for undergraduate education at the University of California, Berkeley. She has conducted research in social and health psychology and is best known as a pioneering researcher on job burnout and as the author of the widely used Maslach Burnout Inventory (MBI). She has written numerous articles and books, including Burnout: The Cost of Caring; the coedited volume Professional Burnout: Recent Developments in Theory and Research; and two prior books with Michael Leiter, The Truth About Burnout and Preventing Burnout and Building Engagement.
- Author(s)Christina Maslach,Michael P. Leiter
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight334 g
- Width133 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine14 mm
Most relevant reviews
- crickette8621 Jun, 2012by
Easy to read book to banish feelings of burnout in the workplace.
Bought this book to train staff on self-care and preventing burnout. It is well written, easy to read and highly applicable to self-care and preventing burnout. It is written by two experts in this field, one of which has developed a widely used test that assesses worker burnout. Fantastic.