Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
Bank computers are outwitted every day!
Criminals attack bank computer systems in countless, often ingenious, ways--every minute of every day. Somewhere such a crime is probably in progress even as you read this.
Bank insiders frequently yield to temptation. Dishonest bank employees have used the electronic funds transfer computer networks to steal tens of millions instantly. A few have devised schemes to steal hundreds of millions of dollars in a single day.
ATMs and online banking are the current targets-of-choice for most bank robbers.
Threats against computers in banks are forever increasing in sophistication. Criminals can w monitor all of the activities of a particular computer--without the kwledge or consent of the computer's owner. This enables them to capture from afar, screen names, passwords, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, and so forth. Isn't that a spooky bit of news?
This book traces the evolution of crimes involving computers in financial institutions from the earliest reported and prosecuted, to those still wending their way through the criminal justice systems of the world. More than one hundred incidents from around the globe are included. Some are amusing. Some are amazing. A few are truly horrifying.
- Author(s)Herman McDaniel
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication19/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight331 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.