Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $82.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the aftermath of the financial crisis, capital management has become a critical factor in value creation for banks and other financial institutions. Although complex and subject to regulatory change, the strategic importance of capital management became apparent during the crisis and has moved the subject to the top of corporate agendas.
Bank and Insurance Capital Management is an essential guide to help banks and insurance companies understand and manage their capital position. Bridging the gap between theory and practice, it provides proven techniques for managing bank capital, as well as explaining key capital management perspectives, including accounting, regulatory, risk and capital management and corporate finance. It also shows how to analyze a firm's stakeholders such as depositors, policy holders, debt holders and shareholders, and manage their expectations, and how to align risk and capital management so as to best optimize the return on capital and preserve capital in periods of stress. Ecomic capital is also discussed in depth, as are the practicalities of bank and insurance M&A, and the book also shows how financial invations can be used to optimise the capital position and how diversification effects are reflected in the capital position.
This book will arm readers with the kwledge and skills needed to understand how capital management can improve capital structure and performance, achieving an optimal cost of, and return on capital, creating value as a result.
- Author BiographyFRANS DE WEERT is a mathematician by training with extensive research experience in quantitative finance. After his academic career he worked as an equity derivatives trader at Barclays Capital in London and New York. In his latest role he was responsible for the Latin American trading activities in equity derivatives. He subsequently moved on to become a strategy consultant at Booz & Company for which he advised senior management in the financial services industry. Currently Frans works as a banking and insurance supervisor and as an independent financial markets trainer. Frans has published several books on options trading and the banking and insurance sector and currently lives and works in Amsterdam.
For more author information please visit www.dftktrainings.com
- Author(s)Frans De Weert
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2010
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82