All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRemember the banking crisis of 2008? It was the result of high financial risks taken by bankers and the failure of regulators to rein in their excesses. Since then bankers have been about as popular as the plague ! Wouldn't it be fun to imagine a new world where many bankers have been made redundant ! Most have been redeployed or recycled. Some are still seeking employment. Others have created their own ideas for survival. Sit back and enjoy !
- Author BiographyStig Tomas, Artiesart Artist, Writer, Cartoonist/Illustrator www.artiesart.com I was born in Norfolk. I like to use the East Anglian landscape, its places and people as inspiration for my art work. Norfolk is also the setting for my novel 'Indirect Hit'. In March this year, my novel 'The Virgin Pedagogues' was published. It's a semi-autobiographical story of college life in the 1960s - a time of great social change. I've addressed my memories and anecdotes with a mix of gentle humour, satire and nostalgia. I also loves the culture and countryside of rural South West France and this is reflected in my work. As well as my art work, I produce a regular cartoon in Living Magazine. The magazine is aimed at expats who live and work in SW France. My cartoon family, the Fowpars, are getting to grips with life in France, although they don't always get it quite right ! My comic strips & cartoon books offer commentary on topical aspects of life. For example, 'Bankers & Banking: a 21st Century Plague', takes a satirical look at the world of bankers. My Fantasy Art work is created using encaustic wax. Encaustic painting, also known as hot wax painting, involves using heated, coloured waxes. The liquid or paste is then applied to a surface such as canvas or thick paper. Other materials can be collaged or layered into the surface, using the encaustic medium to stick them to the surface. I have used pen and ink drawings for this purpose. I have written an illustrated children's sci-fi story, 'Starlight', in which encaustic paintings are overlaid with pen and ink drawings in this way. In 2014, I also published another illustrated children's book entitled 'But It Wasn't Me Miss !' The story is written in verse and concerns a little girl who likes to play tricks on the children and teachers at her school. As a photographer, I like to experiment with digital technology as an essential part of the creative process. When I do have time, I like to compose and play music on my keyboards. I have uploaded some pieces onto my web site and onto Youtube.
- Author(s)Stig Tomas
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stig Tomas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.