All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionProtecting our children is second nature to most parents. We baby-proof our homes, invest in top-of-the-line car seats, and wouldn't dream of letting our kids ride a bike without a helmet. But when it comes to protecting our kids' Social Security numbers, all that caution is thrown to the wind. Whether it's igrance about the growing epidemic of identity theft or lack of awareness of the solutions, the end result is the same - our kids are exposed, and we are taking a risk they just can't afford. In Bankrupt at Birth, author Joe Mason uses stories and statistics to outline the problem of child identity theft and offers parents practical advice to protect their kids. Did you kw that a recent study estimated that ten percent of children have or will become victims of identity theft? Find out the surprising truth about who is perpetrating child ID theft and why they do it. Get educated on the most common and sinister form of child identity theft, so you can pinpoint if your kid is a victim. See where your child's Social Security number is most vulnerable and memorize the magic phrase that will help you protect it. Learn how your kid is (and isn't) at risk using social media, and how to talk to them about playing a role in their own safety. Discover the 3 critical steps to getting the peace of mind you deserve about your child's ID. Child Identity Theft is the fastest growing form of ID theft and it's the one that's least understood. This book is a hand guide for parents who want to make sure they are doing everything possible to keep their child's financial future protected from the threat of identity theft.
- Author BiographyJoe Mason is a husband and a father of two, living in Haymarket, Virginia. He is the Senior Vice President, Consumer Services of Intersections Inc. and the general manager of Identity Guard(r), a nationally-recognized and award-winning identity protection service. Throughout his career, Joe has played a role in protecting the identities of millions of Americans. Prior to joining Intersections, Joe spent nearly a decade at Capital One, where he managed various consumer offerings as well as their identity protection services. While there, he obtained a patent and helped consumers understand the importance of protecting their personal information. Joe has a B.S. in Commerce from the University of Virginia and an M.B.A. from The College of William and Mary. This is his first book, and it is the first book ever written on the disturbing trend of child identity theft. Joe has been featured on CNN, Fox, CBS, ABC, HLN, and many other regional and national media outlets as an expert in identity theft protection.
- Author(s)Joe Mason
- PublisherNimble Cricket Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNimble Cricket Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.