All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe full story surrounding the battle that represented the climax of the career of King Robert the Bruce, and has since remained the most famous battle in Scottish history - the Battle of Banckburn. In 1307 King Edward I of England, The Hammer of the Scots and William Wallace's nemesis, died at Burgh-on-Sands. His son, Edward II, was t from the same mould; incorrigibly idle and apathetic, he refused to take on the burdens of kingship, surrounding himself with favourites. The Scots under Robert the Bruce w had a chance to recover from the grievous punishment Edward I had inflicted upon them. By 1313 Bruce had capture every English-held castle bar Stirling. Faced with the complete collapse of the English position in Scotland even Edward II had choice but to respond.
- Author BiographyPeter Armstrong went to Keswick School after which he travelled widely before taking a degree in Fine Art at Maidstone College of Art. He was an art teacher for several years but is now among other things the sculptor behind Border Miniatures, specialising in producing military miniatures from the medieval period. In the course of his model making, Pete has amassed a wealth of research material and his writing is the fruit of these labours. Pete's previous publications include Ancient and Medieval Modelling in the Masterclass Series.
- Author(s)Peter Armstrong
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/03/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.102
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note72 b&w and 11 colour illustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Graham Turner
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.