All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle of Banckburn is the most celebrated battle in history between Scotland and England. Fought over two days on 23 and 24 June 1314 by a small river crossing in Stirling, it was a decisive victory for Robert the Bruce in the Scottish Wars of Independence against the English, which saw a mere 7,000 Bruce followers defeat over 15,000 of Edward II's troops. It was the greatest defeat the English would suffer throughout the Middle Ages, and a huge personal humiliation for King Edward II. Chris Brown's startling account recreates the campaign and battle from the perspectives of both the Scots and the English. Only w, through an in-depth investigation of the contemporary narrative sources as well as the administrative records, and through a new look at the terrain where the battle was fought, can we come to firmer conclusions on what exactly happened and why.
- Author BiographyChris Brown is an acknowledged expert on medieval Scottish history. He has written seven books on the subject, including Knights of the Scottish Wars of Independence, Robert the Bruce: A Life Chronicled, Scottish Battlefields, and The Second Scottish War of Independence.
- Author(s)Chris Brown
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note40, 16 colour plates
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.