All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second collection of essays exploring various dimensions of sacramental theology from a Baptist perspective includes biblical, historical, and theological studies by scholars from around the world. Subjects covered are sacraments and sacramentality, sacrament, and sacrifice in Hebrews the sacrament of fearful intimacy, the church as sacrament, baptism, and the Lord's Supper for post-Christendom Baptists, Pauline baptism and Roman Insulae, open communion for the contemporary church, penance, sacred space, recovering a biblcal understanding of baptismal regeneration, the Lord's Supper and the spirituality of C. H. Spurgeon, Southern Baptist eucharistic sacramentalism and soul competency, rethinking ex opere operato sacramentalism, the sacramentality of the word in Gregory of Nyssa, and searching for a common theology of baptism between Baptists and the Churches of Christ. This volume does t speak the final word on the subject but is a step along the way toward the recovery and reconstruction of a robust sacramentalism in a Baptist modality.
- Author BiographyAnthony R. Cross is a Fellow of the Centre for Baptist History and Heritage, Regent's Park College, Oxford, UK. Philip E. Thompson (Ph.D., Emory University) is Associate Professor of Systematic Theology and Christian Heritage, North American Baptist Seminary, South Dakota.
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleStudies in Baptist History and Thought
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight480 g
- Width18 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine229 mm
- Edited byAnthony Cross,Philip Thompson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.