All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's as if Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn wrote a treatise on bouncing as the sequel to Wedding Crashers. Pittsburgh Post Gazette A pounding headache, mouth dry as the desert, memory loss and wait, a black eye and a fat lip? You have officially woken up from ather night on the town. While there is kwn cure for that dastardly headache and cotton mouth, there is w officially a remedy for the black eye and bruises. Bar-jutsu: The American Art of Bar Fighting, is a step-by-step guide to defending yourself against those brazen bar brawlers. After years spent working as a bouncer at bars and clubs, James Porco a certified ninjitsu instructor and former professional wrestler set out on a quest to teach every man and woman to stand tall when barroom trouble has found them. Bar-jutsu: The American Art of Bar Fighting frees us from this fear of tavern tangles with a range of self-defense techniques that can easily erupt in a the bar environment. Each eye-opening chapter addresses a range of potentially volatile situations, including:
- First Contact: Oops! I Touched Him
- Up against the Wall
- Is that a Broken Beer Bottle in Your Hand or Are You Just Happy to See Me?
- I'm Not as Think As You Drunk I am
- Who is this Clown?
- Author BiographyJames Porco is a certified ninjutsu instructor with a second degree black belt and shidoshi-ho with the Bujinkan. Porco is the founder of Pittsburgh Ninjutsu and, more recently, the founder of Bar-jutsu, a movement designed to promote proper self-defense techniques suitable for bar scuffles and other confrontational situations in public. He resides in Pittsburgh with his wife and daughter. John A. Monaco is a professional educator, trainer, freelance writer, and editor with more than fifteen years of experience writing and designing educational and training material. He currently resides in Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)James Porco
- PublisherPeriplus Editions
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationNrorth Clarendon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeriplus Editions
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.