All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccompanying the first major retrospective of Barbara Hepworth's work in London since 1968, this ground-breaking new publication focuses on the spaces and contexts, physical and conceptual, in which the artist is positioned. It examines her interest in staging and presenting work indoors and out, in studio, film, garden, stage, architecture, photography and print. As well as setting her work in relation to her British and international contemporaries, a broad range of distinguished contributors also consider wider technical and intellectual concerns. Richly illustrated with over 200 colour images drawn from her entire career, the catalogue represents some of Hepworth's best-kwn works as well as introducing less familiar pieces. It also features previously unseen documentary material, including photographs and film stills that cast new light on one of the twentieth century's greatest artists.
- Author BiographyHelena Bonett is undertaking a PhD with Tate and the Royal College of Art. Lee Beard is editor of the forthcoming catalogue raisonne of Ben Nicholson's paintings and carved reliefs. Sophie Bowness is an art historian and Trustee of the Hepworth Estate. Ann Compton is Honorary Research Fellow, Glasgow University School of Culture and Creative Arts. Inga Fraser is Assistant Curator, Tate Britain. Valerie Holman is an independent art historian. Lucy Kent is a PhD student in the Department of History of Art at the University of Cambridge. Rachel Smith is a collaborative doctoral student at the University of York and Tate.
- Author(s)Helena Bonnet,Lee Beard,Ms. Sophie Bowness
- PublisherTate Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTate Publishing
- Content Note200 Colour Illustrations
- Width215 mm
- Height265 mm
- Edited byChris Stephens,Dr. Penelope Curtis
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.