All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1970s, Chicago-based artist Barbara Kasten (born 1936) has developed her expansive practice of photography through the lens of many disciplines, including sculpture, painting, theater, textile and installation. Spanning her nearly five-decade engagement with abstraction, light and architectonic form, this publication situates Kasten's practice within current conversations around sculpture and photography.
Kasten was one of the first artists to be invited by Polaroid to use its new large-format film, and it was with this that she made many of her best-kwn works. In the mid-1980s she stepped out of the studio and began working with large architectural spaces that were symbolic of both ecomic and cultural capital.
Barbara Kasten: Stages is the first major survey of her work. The publication includes a biography of the artist, a conversation between Kasten and artist Liz Deschenes, and new essays by curator Alex Klein, and art historians Alex Kitnick and Jenni Sorkin.
- Author(s)Alex Klein,Jenni Sorkin,Liz Deschenes
- PublisherJRP Ringier
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintJRP Ringier
- Out-of-print date23/02/2017
- Weight862 g
- Width218 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.