All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a boy, Oscar Hanner tried to run away to Africa, only to end up in Cardiff Docks. Nearly forty years later, as an accountant employed to investigate failing companies, he again feels the need to boldly assert himself, in both his professional and private life. To embezzle part of the funds of the Silent Bottling Company is half of the plan, to make Alex his mistress, the other. But when Sybil, his wife, brings Alex home to live with them it is clear that this particular menage a trois will never work; and the stolen money becomes, in the end, a source of t so much guilt, as embarrassment.
- Author BiographyP. H. Newby (1918-1997) was an English novelist and broadcasting administrator. His first novel, A Journey into the Interior, was published in l946. He was awarded the Somerset Maugham Prize in 1948, and he was the first winner of the Booker (now Man Booker) Prize - his novel Something to Answer For received the inaugural award in 1969.
- Author(s)P. H. Newby
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication29/05/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.