All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first volume of the Urban Sketchers Pad series. The book has four chapters on Barcelona followed by one on the surrounding area. Each chapter has B&W sketchingsuggestions and offers brief illustrative texts, drawings, and maps of the places proposed followed by fully blank pages. The book guides unexperiencedartists and also helps experienced sketchers to develop their skills further. As color spots in-between and coloring inspiration, the book alsoincludes seven sketches by famous Frenchartist Lapin. The book will interest sketchers or people who want to travel to Barcelona with open eyes and document their experiences.
- Author BiographyJordi Carreras Guell received his MA in Architecture and his BA in Technical Architecture by the Barcelona School of Architecture (ETSAB). For the last 14 years he has worked designing and developing projects both in the private and in the public sectors. In 2008 he published the book El Antes de Cassa (The Before of Cassa) which makes a tour through the planning and architecture of his native town, Cassa de la Selva (Girona, Spain) between 1860 and 1935. Presently he has his own architecture atelier in Barcelona, a city he knows very well but never has failed to amaze him.Jordina Barolome Mateu received her MA in Architecture by the Barcelona School of Architecture (ETSAB). Since 2004 she has been working as an architect and an interior designer. She is also an illustrator and, among other projects she has collaborated in the book El Antes de Cassa (The Before of Cassa), by Jordi Carreras Guell), which describes the architecture of the Spanish town Cassa de la Selva between 1860 and 1935. Presently she combines her work as an architect with a teaching position in Tarragona (Spain), the city where she lives, and illustration assignments.French illustrator and sketcher Lapin adopted Barcelona five years ago and is one of today s most celebrated urban sketchers worldwide. He can be defined as a mobile illustrator who carries his sketchbook and his compact sketching gear to the street, to a bar, to a metro, to Istanbul or Tokyo. Lapin has published several books, among them sketchbooks about Cuba, Japan, Istanbul and Carcassone.
- Author(s)Jordi Carreras,Jordina Bartolome
- Date of Publication25/07/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleUrban Sketchers Pads
- Place of PublicationBarcelona
- Country of PublicationSpain
- Weight658 g
- Width279 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.