All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive catalog and price guide covering all four ranges of miniature toy vehicles produced by Barclay Manufacturing Company, Inc. (New Jersey) from 1932 to 1971. It covers nearly 2,000 variations of these toys along with a history of the company, the manufacturing process, detailed identification grids and explanations, rarity tations, pricing ranges, a biography, and over 650 color photos. Barclay began producing miniature transports and trains in the early 1930s and added trucks and cars in the 1950s. All four ranges were produced until the company closed in 1971. The toys were colorful, well-designed, inexpensive, and popular throughout the period they were produced. The appendix includes pictures of related toys. Since most of these toys do t identify the manufacturer and many variations are rare, the book is indispensable for anyone interested in collectable toys.
- Author BiographyHoward W. Melton is an attorney and a lifelong collector. Having played with Barclay toys as a child, he began collecting them in 1970. This is his second book on the topic.
- Author(s)Howard W. Melton
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2015
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note688 colour illus
- Weight902 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.