All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe design of a coin is an act of succinct aggrandisement. Bare George explores the coinage of power through a far more famous numismatic image: created in 1817 for King George III and his son, the Prince Regent, by celebrity gem designer Benedetto Pistrucci (1784-1855), it pictures a saint, young St. George, lancing a dragon. He is undressed. Any Greek warrior of artistic relevance to the nineteenth century would be. The dragon is submitting, as the opposition needs to be shown to do.
- Author BiographyClaire Crowther has published three full-length collections with Shearsman. All attracted wide attention, and the first, Stretch of Closures, was shortlisted for the Aldeburgh first-collection prize. She was poet-inresidence at the Royal Mint Museum for 2014-15 and lives in Somerset with her husband, physicist Keith Barnham.
- Author(s)Claire Crowther
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight48 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.