All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionBarletta: Sea, Center and Periphery details the University of Notre Dame School of Architecture's studio to produce designs for key areas in Barletta. The creation of designs for the city provided the opportunity to deal with two delicate town-planning issues: first, how to operate within a historical center; and second, how to upgrade a dismantled industrial area, subject to restrictions imposed by the Service of Artistic and Architectural Heritage. The goal was to integrate the new with the old, by working to rehabilitate the surroundings totally, avoiding piecemeal fixes unresponsive to the total urban fabric.We appreciate the remarkable next to the mundane; the coherent as well as the irregular; the beauty of proportional relationships; grandeur and moderation; opulence and austerity; solidity, firmness and also delicateness; and especially the suitability of buildings to the very place from which these buildings emerge. The successful combinations of these qualities occasionally converge to make a city or a quarter of historic importance.Written in English and Italian.
- Date of Publication05/05/2004
- Place of PublicationRome
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Notecolour & b&w illustrations throughout
- Weight703 g
- Width236 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited bySamir Younes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.