Barnaby Grimes: Curse of the Nightwolf by Paul Stewart, Chris Riddell (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarnaby Grimes is a tick-tock lad, running errands in his city, day and night, and 'high-stacking' around the rooftops in search of new mysteries to solve. In this first adventure, Barnaby is attacked one night by an ermous dog. He kills it - but that's t the end of this particular mystery ...as Barnaby finds himself swept up in a world of crooked doctors, poor and ill-advised patients, strange tonics and very expensive furs...Could there be more to the seemingly respectable Dr Cadwallader and the tonics he doles out to the poor? Is there a link between the tonic and the huge dogs - or possibly wolves - that are roaming the city at night?When Barnaby's old acquaintance Benjamin goes missing, Barnaby fears the worst for him, and decides to dig deeper...A fantastic romp through a Dickensian-style city, with a wonderful new hero in the guise of Barnaby. This new series from the bestselling dream team of Stewart and Riddell is a must for all fans of the Edge Chronicles - but also for fans of Horowitz and Shan, as they move into new territory and deliver a brilliantly exciting thriller-horror for boys.
- Author BiographyPaul Stewart and Chris Riddell are the creators of the hugely successful Edge Chronicles, which have sold over two million copies and have been translated into over thirty languages worldwide. Their other collaborations include the Barnaby Grimes series and the Far Flung Adventures, the first of which, Fergus Crane, won the 2004 Gold Smarties Prize. Paul Stewart is the author of a number of previous titles for children including The Midnight Hand and The Wakening (a Federation of Children's Book Groups Pick of the Year) for the Yearling list. Chris Riddell is an accomplished graphic artist who has illustrated many acclaimed books for children. Winner of many prestigious awards including the UNESCO Prize (for Something Else), the Kate Greenaway Medal (in 2001 and 2004 for Pirate Diary and Jonathan Swift's 'Gulliver') and the Gold Nestle Prize for Ottoline and the Yellow Cat, he is also the political cartoonist for the Observer.
- Author(s)Chris Riddell,Paul Stewart
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication03/01/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBarnaby Grimes
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Childrens
- Content Noteill
- Weight162 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $14.89
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $37.62Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.