All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe first in the Norton/Library of Congress Visual Sourcebooks series, Barns presents a broad, fresh, and newly informed visual analysis of one of America's fundamental building types. In a nation founded upon agrarian principles, with a cultural and physical landscape as vast as it is diverse, the barn has long been recognized as an American icon. Drawn from the vast holdings of the Library of Congress, nearly 1,000 illustrations provide a tour of barns across the United States, from New England to the Great Lakes to the South, Midwest, and Far West. Barns traces geographical and chrological continuities of type, design, and construction, and Dutch, German, French and Spanish influence. Captions identify each document and building, and all images are included on a CD-ROM with a link to the Library's high-resolution files. Barns is the first comprehensive visual resource of its kind, an invaluable tool for architects, historians, students, and all those who love barns.
- Author BiographyJohn Michael Vlach is professor of American Studies at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)John Michael Vlach
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication23/05/2003
- Series TitleLibrary of Congress Visual Sourcebooks
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note1000 colour illustrations
- Weight1770 g
- Width224 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.