Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe major topics painted and sculpted during the 17th century are featured here. Baroque artists chose stories t only from the Bible but also from mythology; these are t included in art history texts. In this volume, one finds the primary sources: The Golden Legend, the Bible, Ovid, and Plutarch, to name a few. Each entry concludes with an example of a work depicting the topic under examination (Diana Hunting, Lot and His Daughters, for instance) along with a readily available source where the work is pictured. The only reference of its type for art students, this is a companion piece for the author's earlierAuthor BiographyIRENE EARLS, a Professor at the University of Florida, teaches advanced placement Art History to academically gifted high school students. She is the author of Renaissance Art: A Topical Dictionary (Greenwood, 1987) and Napoleon III L'Architecte et l'Urbaniste de Paris (1991).
- Author(s)Irene Earls
- Date of Publication24/09/1996
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight730 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.