All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised edition of the popular larger-format Barron's Dictionary and Thesaurus packs more than 40,000 words with their definitions and synyms into a handy pocket-sized book. The new edition is small eugh so that students can conveniently fit it into a backpack, carry it to classes, and use it as a reliable reference when writing essays and term papers. It's a two-in-one word guide, with the top portion of each page serving as a standard pocket dictionary and the bottom part of the page set up in a thesaurus format. Headwords in both sections are printed in colour. Each dictionary headword is followed by its part of speech and definition. Every thesaurus headword-in addition to its list of synyms-comes with an example sentence that uses the word in its standard context. The thesaurus section offers a total of approximately 100,000 synyms for the book's headwords. Corresponding dictionary and thesaurus entries are always cited on the same page for fast, easy reference.
- Author(s)Robert Allen
- PublisherBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/12/2009
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationHauppauge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Weight386 g
- Width102 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.