All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback! Bela Bartok's Mikrokosmos is a collection of 153 pieces for pia designed by the composer as a series graded according to difficulty. The pieces were written between 1926 and 1939, and have become by far the best-kwn series of teaching pieces by a major composer in the twentieth century. This in-depth study investigates Bartok's Mikrokosmos from three main viewpoints: the genesis of the pieces, their pedagogical value, and their stylistic qualities. The book is intended for pia teachers, students, and performers as well as anyone interested in Bartok's life and work as pianist, educator, and composer. Cloth originally published in 2002 under ISBN 0-8108-4427-3.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Suchoff is Adjunct Professor in the Department of Ethnomusicology at the University of California, Los Angeles and a member of the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. He has been successor trustee of the estate of Bela Bartok, curator of its New York Bartok Archive, and editor of the fifteen-volume Bartok Archive Studies in Musicology Series and the two volumes of the Bartok Archive Edition series of piano works.
- Author(s)Benjamin Suchoff
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/09/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width177 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.