All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description<em>Base Ball</em> is a peer-reviewed journal published annually. Offering the best in original research and analysis, the journal promotes study of baseball's early history, from its protoball roots to 1920, and its rise to prominence within American popular culture.
- Author Biography<strong>John Thorn</strong> is the author of countless articles on baseball history and has written, co-written, and edited dozens of baseball books, including <em>The Hidden Game of Baseball</em>, <em>Total Baseball</em>, and <em>The Armchair Book of Baseball</em>. He was founding editor of <em>The National Pastime: A Review of Baseball History</em> and founding publisher of Total Sports Publishing in 1998. Thorn writes <em>Play</em>, a regular column for <em>the VOICES</em>, the semiannual publication of the New York Folklore Society, and appears irregularly in the <em>Boston Globe</em>, <em>New York Times</em> and <em>NYTBR</em>. He serves as a publishing and curatorial consultant to the Museum of the City of New York, with whom he created the recently published coffee-table book <em>New York 400</em>.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJohn Thorn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.