All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBase Ball Founders completes the series of histories of the clubs and players responsible for making baseball the national pastime that began with the 2011 Base Ball Pioneers, 1850-1870 (McFarland). More than 40 clubs and hundreds of pioneer players from the first hotbeds of New York City, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Massachusetts are profiled by leading experts on baseball's early years. The subjects include legendary clubs such as the Knickerbockers of New York, the Eckfords and Atlantics of Brooklyn, the Athletics of Philadelphia, and Harvard's first baseball clubs, and fabled players like Jim Creighton, Dickey Pearce and Daniel Adams, but space is also given to less well remembered clubs such as the Champion Club of Jersey City and the Cummaquids of Barnstable, Massachusetts. What united all of these pioneers was that their love of baseball during its early growth pains helped to make it the national pastime.
- Author BiographyPeter Morris , baseball historian, lives in Haslett, Michigan, USA. William J. Ryczek is a banking executive in Wallingford, Connecticut, USA who writes about early baseball, football, the Yankees, and the Mets. Jan Finkel , a retired English professor, serves as chief editor of the SABR Biography Project. He lives in Swanton, Maryland, USA. Len Levin , a retired newspaper editor, is a SABR member and twice a national officer of the society. He lives in Providence, Rhode Island, USA. Richard Malkatzky has worked with Bill Haber through SABR's Biographical Committee researching missing players. He lives in the Bronx, New York, USA.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJan Finkel,Leonard Levin,Peter Morris,Richard Malkatzky,William J. Ryczek
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.