Basic Audiometry Learning Manual by Mark DeRuiter, Virginia Ramachandran (Spiral bound, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $117.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Basic Audiometry Learning Manual, a volume in the Core Clinical Concepts in Audiology Series is designed to provide beginning clinicians and students with experiences and instruction in the art and science of clinical audiometry techniques. Learning objectives, review of concepts, observation exercises, guided practice, and review materials serve as catalysts for active learning of concepts and provide opportunity for utilization of fundamental audiometry methods. The learning manual can be utilized as a standalone tool, or in conjunction with the books of the complementary CCC Basic Audiometry Series to promote reflection, application, and assessment of learned information. The comprehensive content of the learning manual encompasses the breadth of audiologic evaluation, including history taking and patient communication, ear canal assessment and management, immittance, pure-tone testing, masking, speech audiometry, patient counseling, and report writing. Along with its family of texts in the Core Clinical Concepts in Audiology Series, the learning manual is designed to cultivate successful learning of students and entry-level professionals. Each chapter consists of various components designed to guide the reader through an engaging process of active learning. The first component, Learning Objectives, provides the reader with clear goals for kwledge and skill-building and provides a foundation for readers to evaluate their progress toward clinical competence outcomes. The second component, Review of Concepts, provides a concise examination of the theoretical kwledge necessary for performance of clinical activities. This section provides a wealth of examples that serve as a preparation for actual practice of the clinical skill. The third component, Observation, challenges readers to witness the behavior of seasoned professionals in the act of clinical practice. Observation exercises may be performed by watching clinical instructors or practicing professionals in the laboratory, classroom, or clinic, utilizing the pertinent techniques with patients, students, or volunteers. The Observation component encourages students to learn by example and providing the opportunity for instructors to model exemplary clinical behavior. The fourth component, Guided Practice, leads the reader step-by-step through exercises designed to provide first-hand experience with performing clinical activities. Components of each clinical activity are segmented into manageable modules, allowing readers to experience success with the individual elements of clinical techniques and systematically guide readers toward clinical competence. The final component, Reflection and Review, provides readers with opportunities to incorporate newfound understanding gained through Observation and Guided Practice into their theoretical and conceptual kwledgeable base through answering reflective and review questions. By explaining methods, describing experiences, and answering questions related to techniques, readers will demonstrate their understanding of concepts and have opportunity to assess learning in relation to expected outcomes, set forth in the Learning Objectives section. Chapters of the learning manual can be completed in a serial fashion, following the sequence of a typical audiologic evaluation. Alternatively, the order of activities can be tailored to suit a particular instructional curriculum, or as individual topics coalesce with the reader's immediate goals. Topics addressed in each chapter are explored in-depth in the books of the associated Basic Audiometry Series of the Core Clinical Concepts in Audiology Series and references are provided to these books in order to provide an integrated learning experience for readers. Readers may also find additional information from other sources as well to be used as a supplement to or in lieu of these texts.
- Author BiographyMark DeRuiter, M.B.A., PhD Mark DeRuiter, M.B.A., Ph.D. is Clinical Program Director in the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Campus, where he earned his Ph.D. He oversees the Julia Davis Speech-Language-Hearing Center and teaches coursework in counseling and professional issues. Virginia Ramachandran, AuD, PhD Virginia Ramachandran, AuD, PhD, is a Senior Staff Audiologist at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan.
- Author(s)Mark DeRuiter,Virginia Ramachandran
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Note2 colour illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.03Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.