All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith its complete, interactive, objective-based approach, Basic College Mathematics is the best-seller in this market. The Eighth Edition provides mathematically sound and comprehensive coverage of the topics considered essential in a basic college math course. Furthermore, the Instructor's Antated Edition features a comprehensive selection of instructor support material. The Aufmann Interactive Method is incorporated throughout the text, ensuring that students interact with and master the concepts as they are presented. This approach is especially important in the context of rapidly growing distance-learning and self-paced laboratory situations.
- Author BiographyJoanne Lockwood received a BA in English Literature from St. Lawrence University and both an MBA and a BA in mathematics from Plymouth State University. Ms. Lockwood taught at Plymouth State University and Nashua Community College in New Hampshire, and has over 20 years' experience teaching mathematics at the high school and college level. Ms. Lockwood has co-authored two bestselling developmental math series, as well as numerous derivative math texts and ancillaries. Ms. Lockwood's primary interest today is helping developmental math students overcome their challenges in learning math. Vernon Barker has retired from Palomar College where he was Professor of Mathematics. He is a co-author on the majority of Aufmann texts, including the best-selling developmental paperback series. Richard Aufmann is the lead author of two bestselling developmental math series and a bestselling college algebra and trigonometry series, as well as several derivative math texts. He received a BA in mathematics from the University of California, Irvine, and an MA in mathematics from California State University, Long Beach. Mr. Aufmann taught math, computer science, and physics at Palomar College in California, where he was on the faculty for 28 years. His textbooks are highly recognized and respected among college mathematics professors. Today, Mr. Aufmann's professional interests include quantitative literacy, the developmental math curriculum, and the impact of technology on curriculum development.
- Author(s)Joanne S. Lockwood,Richard N. Aufmann,Vernon C. Barker
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/02/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Weight1371 g
- Width217 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.