Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps you make accurate calculations and cut redesign costs dramatically. In this indispensable reference for contractors, project managers, and other construction professionals, you get everything you need to save money by performing engineering calculations yourself with confidence. Complex engineering concepts and calculations are simplified with ntechnical formulas and explanations. And provided with valuable field calculations, you have the number crunching practically done for you. You can avoid expensive redesign fees by calculating changes yourself! Answers to residential construction's most vexing, frequently asked questions - including those on code and regulation compliance - can be found here.Experienced structural/civil engineer August W. Domel, Jr., delivers practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, from concrete reinforcing to dead, live, sw, and wind loads - beginning with basics and ending with more advanced technical discussions. Main topics covered in this time - and money-saving field reference include: Stresses, tolerances, and loads; Materials, including structural steel, concrete, and wood; Codes, specifications, and recommendations; Steel members, beams, and columns; Wood members, joists, headers, and trusses; Concrete members, slabs, footings, and walls. Example computations and formulas will save you money!
- Author BiographyAugust W. Domel, Jr., Ph.D., S.E., P.E., is structural engineering manager at an engineering consulting firm specializing in construction-related legal issues and failure investigations. Also an adjunct professor at the Illinois Institute of Technology, he holds degrees in law and structural/civil engineering from Loyola University and the University of Chicago, respectively. Other books by Domel include Engineering for Contractors, Residential Contracting, and Legal Manual for Residential Construction. He resides in Dundee, Illinois.
- Author(s)August W. Domel
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.