Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a beginning-level course in spoken Chinese that employs a revolutionary new method designed to have you quickly speaking and comprehending Mandarin Chinese. Along with its sister book Basic Written Chinese and their accompanying workbooks, Basic Spoken Chinese offers a complete introductory course to the Chinese language. As a native English speaker, working hard to learn Chinese is t eugh; you have to work smart in order to learn this very different language efficiently. No matter why you've chosen to learn Chinese--for business, travel, cultural studies or ather goal--the Basic Chinese approach of two separate but integrated tracts in spoken and written Chinese will help you learn this language most efficiently and successfully.Detailed explanations in English of Chinese pronunciation, grammar, usage, culture, society, and recommended learning approaches.Included DVD offers videos featuring over 100 native speakers in many diverse Chinese-speaking societies, from mainland China and Taiwan to Singapore and Malaysia.An included Audio disc provides over 6 hours of native-speaker audio, including all of the book's conversations, build ups, new words, supplementary vocabulary, dialogues, and other key items.Teacher's Guide is available electronically.A written Character Transcript (Simplified and Traditional) is available electronically.Available separately, Basic Spoken Chinese Practice Essentials is the companion workbook for Basic Spoken Chinese. This practical guide includes a broad range of drills and exercises designed to dramatically enhance your proficiency in speaking and comprehending. While designed for use with the companion textbook, it can be used together with any Chinese textbook or teaching program to hone your Chinese language skills.
- Author BiographyCornelius C. Kubler is Stanfield Professor of Asian Studies at Williams College, where he teaches Chinese and for many years chaired the Department of Asian Studies. He was formerly Chinese Language Training Supervisor and Chair of the Department of Asian and African Languages at the Foreign Service Institute, U.S. Department of State, where he trained American diplomats in Chinese and other languages.
- Author(s)Cornelius C. Kubler
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication27/06/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Note250 Full-Colour Illustrations and Photographs
- Weight1538 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD and CD-Audio (Audiobook)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.