All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis text introduces the basic equations of the theory of structures. Conventional presentations of these equations follow the ideas of elastic analysis, introduced nearly two hundred years ago. The book is written against the background of advances made in structural theory during the last fifty years, tably by the introduction of so-called plastic theory. The emphasis throughout is on the derivation and application of the structural equations, rather than on details of their solution (wadays best done by computer), and the numerical examples are deliberately kept simple.
- Author BiographyJacques Heyman is the former Head of the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge and the author of ten books including The Stone Skeleton, Elements of the Theory of Structures, Structural Analysis, a Historical Approach, Elements of Stress Analysis, and the two volume set Plastic Design of Frames: Volume 1 Fundamentals and Volume 2 Applications, with Lord Baker. He is a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, of the Institution of Civil Engineers, and the Royal Academy of Engineering. He acted as a consulting engineer for a number of English cathedrals, and as a member of the Architectural Advisory Panel for Westminster Abbey and of the Cathedrals Fabric Commission for England, and has served on many British Standards committees. The Stone Skeleton won the Choice Outstanding Academic Books award in 1996.
- Author(s)Jacques Heyman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note62 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight320 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.