Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of the editors of this volume is to use basic and ap- plied studies in the field of mutagenesis to approach a problem of especial concern. The problem is that of the usage of toxic chemi- cals, particularly agricultural chemicals, in ever-increasing quan- tities in those parts of the world that feed the most people. Agri- cultural chemicals that are in use in Pakistan are emphasized here. These are the same chemicals that are in use throughout the develop- ing world, although the quantities of the different types that are used may vary from country to country, and from region to region within countries. A number of these chemicals can longer be sold in Europe or in the United States, and it is often difficult to iden- tify a scientific reason as to why they are sold at all. It is ironic that toxic chemicals are used as a humanitarian device to rid the world of Pestilence and Famine -- two of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. If we do t wish poisous chemicals to become the fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse, then we must begin w to identify and regulate the large-scale usage of toxic sub- stances everywhere.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleBasic Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight861 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAmir Muhammed
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.