Basic to Brilliant, Y'All: 150 Refined Southern Recipes and Ways to Dress Them Up for Company by Virginia Willis (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVirginia Willis s legion of fans love her knack for giving classic French dishes a down-home Southern feel and reimagining homey Southern favorites en Francaise. In Basic to Brilliant, Y all Virginia builds on her signature style, offering 150 soul-satisfying recipes and accompanying each with a new preparation technique, fresh presentation style, or creative recipe variation that transforms an already wonderful dish into an all-out show stopper. In Virginia s hands, a cozy Kale Omelet becomes sophisticated brunch fare when it s baked in a sourdough boule; rich Gruyere Flans elevate a rustic red wine-infused Roasted Tomato Soup; and Spiced Skirt Steak with Shallot Marmalade is enhanced with just a few simple changes into a gorgeous roulade. Peach Dijon-Crusted Pork Tenderloin goes from elegant continental entree to the pride of Dixie when it s cradled between Chive Cornmeal Griddle Cakes, and a country dessert like Sweet Biscuits with Stewed Blackberries is kicked up a tch when served topped with Blackberry Fool. Throughout Basic to Brilliant, Y all, Virginia paints a vivid portrait of growing up in Louisiana and Georgia, spinning tales of close family and friends and unforgettable food interwoven with vignettes from her years living in and visiting France, drawing you in with vibrant accounts of cooking and eating at La Varenne in Burgundy. Whether you choose the Basic or the Brilliant approach, this bounty of Southern flavors dressed up with time-hored French techniques delivers meals that will keep you and your kin coming back for more.
- Author BiographyVirginia Willisis the author of Bon Appetit, Y all, which was nominated for the IACP Best American Cookbook award and voted the Comfort Food Book of the Year by the Chicago Tribune. She has been featured in Cooking with Paula Deen, House Beautiful, Washington Post, Houston Chronicle, and San Francisco Chronicle, among other publications. Willis has appeared on Real Simple Television, Martha Stewart Living, Paula Deen s Best Dishes, and numerous local television shows across the country. A graduate of L Academie de Cuisine and Ecole de Cuisine La Varenne, Willis has served as a television producer for Turner South and Shirley Corriher, was the kitchen director for Martha Stewart Living Television, and the executive producer of The Discovery Channel s Epicurious. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia. Learn more at www.virginiawillis.com.
- Author(s)Virginia Willis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note100 Full-Colour Photos
- Weight1261 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.