All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMenswear books for fashion design students are under-represented when compared to womenswear titles, and are often divided into historical surveys of menswear and technical pattern cutting books. Basics Fashion Design 07: Menswear provides a broad introduction to menswear by considering a range of social and historical contexts that have served to define and redefine this fascinating area of fashion through the ages, and also includes interviews with contemporary menswear labels, stylists and designers. These interviews provide valuable insights into the different styles and role models who continue to influence and define menswear in the twenty-first century. This colorful and varied book provides details on both the design process and sources of research for menswear. All topics are considered and presented in context with fashion drawings and presentation formats - from students and recent graduates as well as more established design labels.
- Author BiographyJohn Hopkins worked as a womenswear designer at Jaeger and Burberry for over ten years. His teaching career began in the United States, where he served as chair of Fashion at Savannah Colege of Art and Design, before taking up his current position as head of Fashion and Textiles at Winchester School of Art, UK.
- Author(s)John Hopkins
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/04/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBasics Fashion Design
- Place of PublicationLausanne
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAVA Publishing SA
- Content Note200 colour illus
- Weight583 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.