All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Basics of British Weather' gives a brief outline to the weather of Britain for the interested layperson, the school pupil studying GCSE and A Level, and the first year undergraduate studying geography and similar subjects at college or university. The booklet telescopes down from the global to the local in its context, starting with the location of the British Isles on the planet, through the influence of the North Atlantic on a regional scale, to the weather systems that track over Britain and conditions at the local level. 'Basics of British Weather' is an essay-length sketch of British weather and is by means exhaustive. It does, however, provide an accessible written introduction and a first step in understanding the weather of Britain.
- Author BiographySimon Haslett is Professor of Physical Geography and Associate Pro Vice-Chancellor at the University of Wales. Professor Haslett was consulted in the making of the 2011 television series 'The Great British Weather' broadcast on BBC1. He was also auditioned by the production company as a potential expert presenter for the series! During this time, Professor Haslett made notes on the essential information that would need to be explained in order to begin to understand the weather that is experienced over the British Isles. Rather than consigning those notes to the archives, he decided to write them up and share them here to add to the public understanding and enjoyment of learning about weather in Britain.
- Author(s)Simon K Haslett
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight45 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.