All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Essex town of Basildon was originally created to relieve overpopulated areas of East London, but w has developed into a successful town in its own right, with a vibrant shopping centre and prospering local businesses. Basildon Then & Now celebrates this journey, illustrating how the town developed from the old areas of Laindon, Vange and Pitsea, and grew out of the muddy plotlands, where water was obtained from the roofs, and where lighting came from oil lamps and candles. In this fascinating new book, Jim Reeve explores the last century of the area's history. Containing photographs of Basildon old and new, this book will intrigue and delight all who kw and love the town.
- Author(s)Jim Reeve
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.