Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Essex town of Basildon was originally created to relieve overpopulated areas of East London, but w has developed into a successful town in its own right, with a vibrant shopping centre and prospering local businesses. Basildon Then & Now celebrates this journey, illustrating how the town developed from the old areas of Laindon, Vange and Pitsea, and grew out of the muddy plotlands, where water was obtained from the roofs, and where lighting came from oil lamps and candles. In this fascinating new book, Jim Reeve explores the last century of the area's history. Containing photographs of Basildon old and new, this book will intrigue and delight all who kw and love the town.
- Author(s)Jim Reeve
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.