All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's world of competitive basketball, a lot of information exists about the different systems and methods of the game, but very little time has been devoted to the techniques used to scout opponents or potential recruits. In Basketball Scouting Techniques, author Eric C. Stang pulls from more than twenty-two years of coaching and scouting experience to offer a comprehensive look at the different approaches to team and player assessment-from youth ball to professional leagues. Detailed chapters like Opponent Scouting, Scouting the Defense, and Talent Evaluation offer an in-depth breakdown on t only how to gather valuable information on a team or player, but how to apply it. Coaches and general managers can then use this data to formulate game plans, prepare staff and players for the opposition, and help build or improve their squads. For fans of books by Charley Rosen, Bill Simmons, Jerry Krause, and Michael Holley, this unique resource is designed t only to help vice scouts as they start their careers, but also to encourage the development of new approaches in basketball reconnaissance.
- Author BiographyEric C. Stang has over twenty-two years of coaching experience working with youth, high schoolers, college players, and professionals. Stang has helped coach four NBA draft picks and four NCAA Division 1 All-Americans. He has also recruited and coached two NAIA Region MVPs, two NAIA All-Americans, five NAIA All-Conference selections, and five junior college All-Region performers. In addition to a master's degree in sport and athletic administration, Stang holds a FIBA coaching license. He was also the recipient of a service award by the National Association of Basketball Coaches and the Eureka Public Schools. Stang has taught a range of courses, including health, physical education, and athletic management. He is also the author of The Drag-Screen Transition Offense, as well as numerous articles on scouting and NBA team analysis. Stang currently resides in Montana, where he runs ECS Services, a professional basketball scouting service for international professional basketball teams.
- Author(s)Eric Stang
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight170 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.