Bass Angler's Almanac: More Than 750 Tips & Tactics by John Weiss (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith more than 650 tips total, the Almanac is an indispensable reference that will help any bass angler improve his or her fishing success quickly and significantly. An easy-to-read reference and guide, the Almanac is loaded with detailed illustrations and photographs. And it's packed with tips and tidbits that the author has picked up over a lifetime of bass fishing. In it, Weiss examines all types of bass fishing, including: largemouth, smallmouth, and spotted bass biology; tips on reading maps and using sonar; habits of bass in natural lakes, man-made reservoirs, rivers, streams, and strip-mine pits; how weather affects bass; tips on selecting rods, reels, and lines; how to fish live and artificial baits, jigs, soft plastic lures, weedless spoons and jigging spoons; trolling tips that work.
- Author BiographyJohn Weiss is the author of numerous fishing and hunting books, including The Whitetail Deer Hunter's Almanac (Lyons, 2002; net sales 15,000). He has published hundreds of bass-fishing articles in a series of national magazines.Weiss sold his first fishing article to Ohio Angler Magazine at the age of fourteen. It was a humor article about the many ruses he had developed for sneaking onto private properties to fish bass ponds known to contain lunkers.One such technique was to use a throwaway rod, a cheap rod and reel bought at a garage sale for a dollar or so. As he wrote, If a landowner ever catches you fishing his pond and gives chase, you can literally throw away the rod, at no big loss, allowing you to run much faster. After a seven-year stint at Ohio University, he then launched upon a career as a full-time freelance writer. To date, he has authored eighteen books and more than five hundred feature articles for the major sportsmen's magazines. Weiss has fished tournaments, his highest finish being second place in a multi-state contest. He has assisted tackle companies in lure design and worked with biologists on fishery-management programs. And he has given seminars and taught fishing classes, primarily to youngsters (he does not recommend trespassing on private property, by the way). Weiss lives on his farm in southern Ohio with his wife, Marianne. His daughter is a nationally recognized magazine writer and editor, while his son is a manager with a major fishing-tackle company.
- Author(s)John Weiss
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight48 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.