All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionWant to kw which general was the most respected by soldiers on both sides? Or why George Thomas is considered the best combat general of the war? Read historian Richard M Walsh's entertaining book! In it, he reveals the strengths and weaknesses of the Civil War's top generals. Find out why Nathan Bedford Forrest and William T Sherman are both hated and respected. Discover why Stonewall Jackson was considered the best combat leader in the Confederacy and why George McClellan was called Little Napoleon . Walsh includes citizen soldiers Patrick Cleburne and Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain. Portraits scattered throughout add to the fun of this educational read.
- Author BiographyRichard M. Walsh earned a BA in economics and history from Siena College and an MS in education and history from Long Island University. He is an adjunct professor specializing in American and European history. Charles H. Hayes is an author, editorial cartoonist, and award-winning artist. A past editor of Challenge, the in-house, monthly magazine of Lockheed Martin, he is also a life member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Military Order of the Stars and Bars. Hayes opened an art gallery after his retirement, becoming an accomplished sculptor. Through the years, he has published editorial cartoons with three local newspapers and wrote and illustrated The Gray and the Blue: A Comic Strip History of the Civil War, which received high praise from teachers and reviewers across the country. Hayes lives in Tyler, Texas.
- Author(s)Charles H. Hayes,Richard M. Walsh
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note7 illus & 5 maps
- Weight416 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.