All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Gettysburg Campaign, both before and after the July 1-3, 1863, battle, has recently received increased attention from historians. The movement of the Army of Northern Virginia from Gettysburg and its pursuit by the Army of the Potomac are every bit as important to the study of the American Civil War as the events in and around the small crossroads town in Pennsylvania. Many historians agree the Gettysburg Campaign concluded with the Battle of Falling Waters, Maryland, on July 14, 1863. Although t the climactic battle of the war desired by President Abraham Lincoln, it remains a story of miscalculation, bravery, larger-than-life personalities, tragedy and a cover-up. This new book tells the story of that final battle. The story does t end with the battle. Included is an intriguing tale about veterans of the Battle of Falling Waters, Maryland decades after Gen. Robert E. Lee's rear guard clashed with Maj. Gen. George G. Meade's cavalry. The book concludes with a detailed description of the battlefield today and efforts to preserve portions of the land for future generations. George Franks has made extensive use of first-hand accounts, detailed maps, period drawings and photographs to breathe life into the crucial yet little remembered end of the Gettysburg Campaign.
- Author BiographyGeorge F. Franks, III has been passionate about the study of the American Civil War since visiting the Gettysburg battlefield with his parents in July 1963. He studied history at the U.S. Naval Academy and the University of Pittsburgh. A former telecommunications executive with extensive international experience, he is currently the president of Franks Consulting Group and the owner of CockedHats.com, a historical hat business. George is the former president of the Capitol Hill Civil War Round Table, a member of Hagerstown Civil War Round Table, Save Historic Antietam Foundation, and the Civil War Trust. He is a Governor and a former Vice President of the Company of Military Historians. George has researched the July 14, 1863 Battle of Falling Waters, Maryland, for a decade. An article he published on the battle in 2007 has grown into this book. The Author can be reached via email at email@example.com or on his Web site www.fallingwatersmd1863.com.
- Author(s)George F Franks III,III George F Franks
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.