All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the first week of the Battle of the Bulge, the Germans' 6th SS Panzer Army rolled down the road to Butgenbach, where the 26th Infantry Regiment of the U.S. 1st Infantry Division held out against constant attacks at the southern end of Elsenborn Ridge. Meanwhile, Jochen Peiper's SS battle group raced toward the critical river bridges at Stavelot and Trois Ponts, massacring American prisoners along the way near Malmedy. The U.S. 30th Infantry Division and other units put up stiff resistance, destroyed the bridges, and forced Peiper's men to withdraw.
- Author BiographyHans Wijers has written or edited several other accounts of World War II, including Eastern Front Combat.
- Author(s)Hans Wijers
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication22/03/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleStackpole Military History Series
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note185 b/w photos
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.