All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.97
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.38
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.50
About this product
- DescriptionOn the 16th of December, 1944, in the frozen forests of the Ardennes, the German army attacked American Allied forces, launching a final bid to turn the tide of World War II. Thus began the long, hard slog of a battle that was nicknamed by the media as the Battle of the Bulge. Lasting more than a month, it led to tens of thousands of casualties. Sir Winston Churchill called it the greatest American battle of the war and . . . an ever-famous American victory. Atkinson skillfully guides his audience through the attacks and counterattacks, the advances and retreats of this terrible bloodbath. Whether history buffs or newcomers to the topic, young readers will appreciate the author's clear and accessible prose, as well as the many fascinating facts, photographs, and statistics.A historical exploration of World War II's Battle of the Bulge from Pulitzer Prizewinner and New York Times bestselling author Rick Atkinson.This thoroughly-researched and documented book can be worked into multiple aspects of the common core curriculum.
- Author BiographyRick Atkinson is the bestselling author of An Army at Dawn (winner of the Pulitzer Prize for history), The Day of Battle, and The Guns at Last Light, among others. His many other awards include a Pulitzer Prize for journalism, the George Polk Award, and the Pritzker Military Library Literature Award. A former staff writer and senior editor at The Washington Post, he lives in Washington, D.C. Jason Culp is best known for his role as Julian Gerome on General Hospital. In addition to voiceover work in national commercials, Culp has narrated audiobooks by bestselling authors such as Louis L'Amour, Danielle Steel, John Irving, and David Weber. He has been recording since 1996 and has nearly 35 audiobooks under his belt. Culp has also narrated documentaries for National Geographic and the History Channel.
- Author(s)Rick Atkinson
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight113 g
- Width130 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Read byJason Culp
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time228
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.