About this product
- DescriptionFind out about 12 of the biggest and most brutal battles in the history of the world, from Thermopylae in 480 BCE right the way through to Operation Desert Storm in 1991, taking in Cannae, Agincourt, Lepanto, the Siege of Yorktown, Trafalgar, Waterloo, Gettysburg, the Somme, the Battle of Britain and the Siege of Stalingrad. Explore the date and location of each battle, the opposing forces involved and the casualties resulting. A timeline on every spread gives the key dates from each battle, and what happened when. Additional background information to each conflict is also provided, including the Punic Wars, the Hundred Years' War, the American Revolution, the Napoleonic Wars, the American Civil War, World War 1, World War 2 and the first Gulf War. Take a look at the techlogy, tactics and weaponry involved in each battle, from the longbow at Agincourt and the galleasses at Lepanto to the trench warfare of the Somme and the stealth fighter jets of the Gulf War. Infographic elements present information in a simple and highly visual way. The perfect resource for project work on battles, warfare and military history, or simply a great leisure read, for children aged 9 and above. For more epic events, try reading the other titles in the Epic series: Animal Migrations, Empires and Explorers.
- Author BiographyRob Colson is an author and editor of a wide range of books for children and adults, including many natural history, maths and science titles. Previous titles as author: Wayland: Ultimate Cars, Ultimate Machines (Wayland); Super Science (Franklin Watts). Other titles: Bone Collection: Animals (published by Scholastic), Puzzles, Conundrums and Enigmas (published by Parragon). Contributing author to Battle (DK).
- Author(s)Rob Colson
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleEpic!
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight152 g
- Width190 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.