All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive insight into precast concrete construction today. The reader learns of the many facade design options made possible by this method of building. The authors also attempt to convey to engineers and architects the range of possibilities opened up by works prefabrication, thus preparing the way for the cost-effective use of concrete precast construction and for its further development. In addition to making general observations on actual building with concrete precast sections, the authors explain exactly what is involved in designing such sections; they also give the reader an insight into load-bearing elements and facades. Reinforcing systems are dealt with, and connecting elements and specific static-constructive problems are explained in detail, as are the requirements of the European domestic market. The description of the precast concrete section manufacturing process provides the reader with the necessary understanding of the individual characteristics of this industrialized method of building.
- Author BiographyDoctor of Engineering Hubert Bachmann is Head of the Department of Construction Engineering in the Technical Section of the Ed. Zublin Company in Stuttgart, Germany. Since the beginning of the 1950s, Professor Doctor of Engineering Volker Hahn has had a decisive influence on the development of prefabricated construction as a whole: the Zublin 6M system of skeleton construction has become the most widely used system for prefabricated parts in multi-storey construction today. The construction of the headquarters of the company, the well-known 'Zublin Haus' in Stuttgart, was his last active project. Upon its completion, he retired from the Zublin board of directors. Doctor of Engineering Alfred Steinle had a decisive role in many of Zublin's precast section construction projects, such as schools and universities. He also played a prominent part in the construction of the automated concrete precast section works.
- Author(s)Alfred Steinle,Hubert Bachmann,Volker Hahn
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication27/01/2010
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleBauingenieur-Praxis
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWilhelm Ernst & Sohn Verlag fur Architektur und technische Wissenschaften
- Weight546 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.