All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1919 to 1933, in Weimar, Dessau and then Berlin, the Bauhaus (literally, house of construction ) was much more than just a professional school of a new genre--it was a modern Utopia. Painters, teaching specialists, architects, urban planners, artisans, engineers, actors, musicians, photographers and designers worked together there on a new concept of everyday life. An experimental style became dominant--bare, functional and scrupulously clear--the style of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyArt critic and modern art historian Xavier Girard was a curator at the Matisse Museum from 1985 to 1997. He is Director of Culture for the City of Nice and the author of Matisse in Nice (Assouline).
- Author(s)Xavier Girard
- Date of Publication05/03/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note40 colour and b&w illustrations
- Weight368 g
- Width215 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.