All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new eastern span of the Bay Bridge will open in October 2013 and beloved Chronicle author Donald MacDonald is its architect. McDonald and coauthor Ira Nadel w turn their signature charming approach onto this new Bay Area landmark. In friendly text and charming illustrations, this bijou volume details the original bridge's history and the new bridge's design and construction. In the same elegant package as Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, this book rounds out our collection with MacDonald and Nadel and brings San Francisco devotees and tourists ather lovely souvenir.
- Author BiographyAward-winning architect Donald MacDonald is the designer of the new east span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. He was also the first architect to work on the Golden Gate Bridge since its original construction, and a long-time San Francisco resident. He is co-author of Golden Gate Bridge: History and Design of an Icon and Alcatraz: History and Design of a Landmark. Ira Nadel is a fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, and the recipient of numerous awards and prizes. He has lectured around the world and is the author of a number of books, including biographies of James Joyce, Leonard Cohen, Tom Stoppard, and Ezra Pound. He is co-author of Golden Gate Bridge: History and Design of an Icon and Alcatraz: History and Design of a Landmark.
- Author(s)Donald MacDonald,Ira B. Nadel
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Note100 full colour
- Weight454 g
- Width203 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.